Comment on page
Point cloud Segmentation
The Draw Segmentation tool and the labels below it
To create a new segmentation object on a pointcloud, you can use the Lasso tool as described below.
- 1.Choose a label for the object from the left sidebar.
- 2.Select the Draw segmentation tool from the left sidebar.
- 3.Hold the Right mouse button, and draw a rough outline around the points you want to select.
- 4.A segmentation with the selected points is drawn.
Once created, you can use the lasso tool to add or remove points from your object
- 1.Select the object.
- 2.Hold the Right mouse button, and draw a rough outline around the points you want to add to the object , or you want to remove from the object.
- 3.Once selected, the
Remove pointsbuttons will appear inside the object card in the right sidebar.
- 4.Click on one of the buttons to update the segmentation.
Bottom views can help you view your segmentation object better
The bottom views show top, side and front views of the segmentation object. You can zoom in or zoom out the points by using the scroll wheel.
Use the eye and the filter buttons to highlight or remove segmentation points
When creating annotations for segmentation, it can be helpful to isolate and identify points assigned a certain label.
Highlight points By default, objects are colored with the color of their label. You can remove the color from the points by clicking on the eye icon of a particular label.
To entirely hide the points of a certain label, click on the filter icon. This can be very helpful to annotate to adjacent classes. Once you have labeled an object, you can hide it and proceed with labeling the neighboring objects.
Filtered segmentation objects
Highlighted segmentation objects